Welcome to Lego Man Journeys

Lego Men have been released into the wild with nothing but a sense of adventure and a link to this website. Follow their progress here!
If you have found a Lego Man, and want to make a post, it's easy! Just read How to Make a Post.

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Cornelis - Himeji, Japan

Cornelis, who prefers to be called "Arrthur the pirate" was found sleeping near a well by Himeji Castle. His ship was no where to be found. With just one functional eye and one functional leg plus a peg leg, it was clear he needed refuge. So I took him in and he joined me on my travels through Japan.

Arrthur was a quiet companion. I expected more from a pirate. More raucous objections and more inappropriate interjections, but poor Arrthur had lost his mojo.

I took him on my trek through Wakayama, Japan on the world heritage Kumano Kodo route. I walked most of the route in solitude, so having Arrthur in my pocket was comforting, even if he wasn't much a of a talker. He seemed quite happy though, when we reached beautiful vistas overlooking NachiKatsuura and a few waterfalls. In Kyoto, he accompanied me to temple after temple and the torii gates of Fushimi Inari.

Arrthur is now with another traveler. Last seen at Tokyo-Narita airport. My time with him was sweet. I think if he ever finds his mojo and is able to use his voice again, he'd say the same. Or, maybe he'd just call me a swashbuckling fool.


--
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment